Just a quick note from under my three comforters, with two hot water bottles and in my flannel, multiple-layer pajamas: the middle east ain't all hot sun and palm trees, folks. It's flipping FREEZING here. And the apartments are not built for cold.
I can see my breath in my house. I wear a ski hat around indoors. I get into bed as soon as I get home - be it 5 pm or 5 am - and live my life from there for the duration of the evening. Long gone are those heady days of dinner parties and cocktails on the terrace for sunset. Sunset finds me huddled near the closest space heater while planning how to spend the evening not at home. I don't invite guests over - it's literally uninhabitable. Well, I guess I habit it, so not literally, but certainly not guest permitting.
To all you lucky ducks living somewhere with indoor heat: it's the privileged who wear a hat and scarf to bed. The privileged!!
PS: if you haven't spent a night with a hot water bottle, turn off your heat and do it. It's amazing. These babies are timeless for a reason. Design perfection.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment