Saturday, March 12, 2011

And now for something completely different...some photos!

Another epic weekend, another Saturday night (which equals Sunday night here reader, the work week is Sun-Thurs) feeling utterly wiped out but happy. I cooked a big feast today for some friends...couscous tfaya and Iraqi lamb dumpling soup, hamouth shelgham, which ended up being more like Iraqi lamb bowtie paste soup, as the rice flour here did not cook similar to back home. Fret not, it was still good, and it felt really nice to have a dinner party...that's something I love doing and have definitely missed.

So, part of the Saturday night fatigue is getting the great pleasure of doing things I only do when tired, like read books (in the middle of a great one), drink tea, and upload photos onto my computer.

For your viewing pleasure...





This is the Wall outside the entrance to Qalandiya checkpoint, which I go through to get to Jerusalem, Israel and beyond (aka, the airport). It's the main checkpoint between Ramallah and Jerusalem, and is about as awful as it looks, though the artwork is phenomenal. You can see on the watchtower scorch marks from skirmishes.



Here you can see the wall stretching off into the distance...see how close it skirts that house?
Can you imagine living behind something like this?


I do love word play


I am 5'9". This baby is tall!


This is the view from my office window. Ain't bad.


This is a typical mezze before the actual meal. The beautiful creation on the top right is hummus. Out of control delicious.

I'm travelling a lot this week, twice to Tel Aviv for meetings then to Amman on Thursday afternoon for the weekend to see friends (ohmygodiamsoexcited). Then meetings in Amman Sunday, then the infamous bridge crossing back into Palestine Sunday evening. That'll be a doozy of a blog post, I am sure...bismillah!

No comments:

Post a Comment